« Program My TiVo! |
| DeCSS Injunction Lifted in Trade Secrets Case »
February 27, 2004
What Part of the First Amendment Don't You Understand?
I'm talking to you, FCC Commissioner Kevin J. Martin.
According to a Reuters wirestory posted on Infoshop, Martin wants the FCC to consider regulating indecency on satellite and cable (FCC's Martin ponders indecency on pay TV, radio).
Let me think about that ... um, no.
"Cable companies need some way to empower parents and families to have more choice," Martin said. "I think that it has the potential to be a problem when they are receiving things they object to and have to pay for that."
It's called stop paying for cable, Martin. It's called a lockbox, Martin. Its called the First Amendment, Martin.
What a maroon.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Freedom of Expression | Open Access | Telecomm
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 23
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 22
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 21
- Kitchen Academy - The Hollywood Cookbook and Guest Chef Michael Montilla - March 18th
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 20
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 19
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 18
- Salsa Verde