« RSS, BitTorrent and Broadcatching for Courts |
| RSS + BitTorrent Roundup - Broadcatching Isn't MS Active Channels »
March 16, 2004
RIAA Monitoring BitTorrent?
I've assumed that the RIAA was monitoring BitTorrent downloader/uploaders. Now I've come across this report (not sure how credible it is) of such monitoring: Bit Torrent downloading:
So here I am, downloading through various torrent apps, various music torrents, all probably illegal. My first day, so I've learned the ropes, a little, and already blocked Sony North America, The Australian Broadcasting Corporation, RIAA and some others, I didn't recognise late last night. They were scanning my torrents, looking down my ports, or trying to.
Of course, I'm still sort of wondering why we haven't seen many DMCA notice-and-takedowns for BitTorrent seeding sites yet.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: File Sharing
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 23
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 22
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 21
- Kitchen Academy - The Hollywood Cookbook and Guest Chef Michael Montilla - March 18th
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 20
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 19
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 18
- Salsa Verde