« CBS Investigation Will Look Into Stonewalling |
| Doc Searls on the iPod Platform »
September 24, 2004
Staff Draft of INDUCE 2.0
The Senate will likely be doing a markup of the Inducing Infringement of Copyrights Act of 2004 (IICA, née INDUCE Act), next Thursday, September 30th. The draft they will be working off has just been released. It is much closer to the original version of the bill than the version produced by the Copyright Office a couple of weeks ago.
Read the 4-page staff draft of INDUCE 2.0: Staff Draft S. 2560 - Inducing Infringement of Copyrights Act of 2004 [PDF].
The bill is much more narrowly drafted with carve outs for everything that EFF had in their original mock iPod complaint: iPod, the maker of the hard drives and C|Net for reviewing it are also presumably protected (Prelude to a Fake Complaint).
However, the bill retains many of the provisions, including the incredibly vague "reasonable person" standard, as well as other issues.
In any case, this is not the final draft, but only something that will be futher changed at the markup next Thursday and there may be other drafts released between now and then.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: INDUCE Act
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 23
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 22
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 21
- Kitchen Academy - The Hollywood Cookbook and Guest Chef Michael Montilla - March 18th
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 20
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 19
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 18
- Salsa Verde