« Sen. Schumer Wants to Block Sales of Violent Videogame '25 to Life' |
| Kiss Me, I'm an Avatar »
June 20, 2005
Geist on Canada's New Copyright Bill
Ubercanadiancyberlawprof Michael Geist on Canada's proposed new copyright law (Canada Introduces New Copyright Bill).
There is simply no denying that the lobbying efforts of the copyright owners, particularly the music industry, have paid off as they are the big winners in this bill. The bill focuses almost exclusively on creating new rights for this select group including a new making available right, legal protection for technological protection measures, legal protection for rights management information, the ability to control the first distribution of material in tangible form, new moral rights for performances, a reproduction right for performers, and an adjustment in the term of protection for sound recordings....Anyone who has followed copyright reform history will not be surprised to learn that individual Canadians are the big losers today.
posted by Ernest Miller |
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 23
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 22
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 21
- Kitchen Academy - The Hollywood Cookbook and Guest Chef Michael Montilla - March 18th
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 20
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 19
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 18
- Salsa Verde