« Trust Me? |
| Hodder: Grokster Victory in 5-8 Years »
July 02, 2005
Apple Plugging Trade Secret Leaks?
Daring Fireball notes that two recent announcements from Apple have taken place with nary a word in the rumor mill (Plugged Leaks).
Note to crackpots: this is not a chilling effect of Apples lawsuits; to say so implies the rumor sites had information, but were intimidated from publishing it. Thats not the case Apple Insider, for example, continues to publish whatever it can get its hands on,
It might not be a "chilling effect" on Apple Insider
, but that doesn't mean that Apple v. Does
has not had an effect on those who are actually doing the leaking. You'll be much less likely to leak if you think that those who publish the leaks have to turn your name over. It might also be, as Daring Fireball
notes "the result of good old-fashioned leak-plugging." In other words, companies can control the leak of trade secrets if they try.
posted by Ernest Miller |
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 23
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 22
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 21
- Kitchen Academy - The Hollywood Cookbook and Guest Chef Michael Montilla - March 18th
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 20
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 19
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 18
- Salsa Verde