« Today in History - July 8 |
| Out of Town »
July 08, 2005
Netflix in Another Indie Film Distribution Deal - Where is Netflix for the Internet?
IndieWIRE reports that Netflix has made another deal to distribute an independent film (Hal Hartley Takes Latest Film to Netflix for DVD Release). Hal Hartley's The Girl from Monday is the film being distributed this time. This is a very cool way to slide on down the Long Tail. via Cinema Minima.
You know, the funny thing is, Netflix is sort of like internet distribution, only through the post office. When will we get the equivalent of Netflix for the 'net? Seriously. Just port the damn thing. Customers could just buy a "Netflix Box" and attach it to a broadband connection and their TV. How hard could it be? When you want a new film, you tell it to erase one of your current selections first and it immediately goes to fetch the next film on your list. It'd download faster than the post office can deliver. You'd never have to wait for low availability films.
And, once you have this, the possibilities for other sorts of distribution are ridiculous.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Broadcatching/Podcasting
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 23
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 22
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 21
- Kitchen Academy - The Hollywood Cookbook and Guest Chef Michael Montilla - March 18th
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 20
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 19
- Kitchen Academy - Course II - Day 18
- Salsa Verde